Saturday, May 3, 2014

What really MATters



What I value more than anything is God. I have been so blessed to grow up in a home where I know about my Heavenly Father. I know that he really loves me, and you, and everybody. I know that because he loves us so much he sent us his son to atone for us. This atonement allows us to access his grace (his power, deliverance, and strength). I feel so unworthy that somehow I know this, while many other of Heavenly Father's children still struggle thinking they have to go it alone. They don't. No one does. Actually, it's impossible to make it alone. We are all dependent on Christ for our salvation. He has given us the way to follow him and that is: faith, repentance, baptism by proper authority, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and continuing in righteousness. This is what matters most to me! That's why I am sharing this with everyone at every door mat in the Nothern Virginia area!
I relate to the missionaries of old (minus the smiting on the cheeks.... and the being stoned... and being cast into prision.... okay, their missions were a lot harder than mine... I RESPECT THEM SO MUCH) :

Alma 26:29
And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their asynagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been bstoned, and taken and bound with cstrong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to really solidify in my mind that it is the things of God that really matter! I love Jesus Christ with all my heart and he is the one who truly means the most to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment